SAFe® DevOps Practitioner Certification
We've Worked With
SAFe® DevOps Course Overview
The two-day, interactive course helps people across technical, non-technical, and leadership roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end. Attendees will learn what DevOps is, why it is important to every role, and design a continuous delivery pipeline that is tailored to their business. Attendees work in cross-functional teams to map their current state value stream from concept to cash, identify major bottlenecks to flow, and build an actionable implementation plan that will accelerate the benefits of DevOps in their organization.
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
- Explain how DevOps enables strategic business objectives
- Apply a CALMR approach to DevOps to avoid automating broken processes
- Understand how successful DevOps requires continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release to end users on demand
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline
- Use value stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end-to-end delivery process
- Select DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, most compelling results
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to their organization
- Work with all roles and levels in the organization to continually optimize the value stream
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certificate of completion
- SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification upon passing exam
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
All are welcome to attend the course without prior DevOps or SAFe experience.
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
SAFe Certification Kit
Becoming a Certified SAFe 5 DevOps Practitioner requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- SAFe 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner PDF certificate
- SAFe 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SDP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
- Exam name – SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice, multiple response
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® 5 DevOps Practitioner course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Agile Scaling Experts’ Guarantee
Our student success rate in the certification exams across the board is 98%!
We are very proud of this industry-leading status, and are confident that you will also pass on your first attempt. Our instructors have over 40 years’ of experience they bring to the classroom, giving you the optimal chances for success.
We’re so sure that you’ll pass the exam, we guarantee it:
The recommended process for taking the Exam is to first study, then take the Sample Exam on the Scaled Agile site. You can take the Sample Exam as many times as you like. We recommend you do so, until you get at least 90% on the Sample Exam.
This is because the Sample Exam, although structured much like the actual exam, is in fact easier.
If after getting at least 90% on the Sample Exam, you are unable to pass the actual Exam on your first attempt, simply inform us by sending us a screenshot of your Sample Test Score, and your Final Exam Results page, as we’ll refund you the cost of the re-take fee so you can immediately re-take the exam.
What about cancellations or refunds?
We understand that sometimes conditions change and it may be necessary to drop out of a class. We do prefer that you allow us to reschedule you to another class if at all possible; however, if you must cancel we ask that you keep the following in mind:
We want you to have the best educational experience possible, and so we schedule the best instructors available. If you have to cancel, please notify us immediately. Refunds are available as follows:
16 or more business days prior to the class (3 weeks), 100% refund
10-15 business days prior to the class (2-3 weeks), no refund, but you can reschedule to another class within a year of the date of the cancelled class
9 or less business days before the class (less than 2 weeks), no refund will be made, and there is no possibility of rescheduling
Agile Scaling Experts reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class at any time for any reason:
You are advised to consult an Agile Scaling Experts Customer Service Representative prior to making any travel arrangements for a class, as we are not liable for any possible cancellation fees.
Agile Scaling Experts is not liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or special damages that may be incurred due to cancellation of a scheduled class, including, but not limited to cancellation penalties owing to transportation or accommodation arrangements.
Registrants will be offered full credit to a future class or full refund as per the wish of the registrant.