Leading SAFe® SAFe® Agilist Certification
We've Worked With
Leading SAFe® Course Overview
During this two-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. They will discuss the five competencies needed to become a Lean Enterprise. They will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skillset that’s in demand worldwide—and empower their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when they become a SAFe® Agilist (SA).
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA)
- Understand the Five Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Agilist (SA) certification exam:
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Agilist certificate
- A SAFe Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
- Name: SAFe Agilist Exam
- Format: Multiple Choice
- Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course
- Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 34 out of 45 (75% passing score)
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Agile Scaling Experts’ Guarantee
Our student success rate in the certification exams across the board is 98%!
We are very proud of this industry-leading status, and are confident that you will also pass on your first attempt. Our instructors have over 40 years’ of experience they bring to the classroom, giving you the optimal chances for success.
We’re so sure that you’ll pass the exam, we guarantee it:
The recommended process for taking the Exam is to first study, then take the Sample Exam on the Scaled Agile site. You can take the Sample Exam as many times as you like. We recommend you do so, until you get at least 90% on the Sample Exam.
This is because the Sample Exam, although structured much like the actual exam, is in fact easier.
If after getting at least 90% on the Sample Exam, you are unable to pass the actual Exam on your first attempt, simply inform us by sending us a screenshot of your Sample Test Score, and your Final Exam Results page, as we’ll refund you the cost of the re-take fee so you can immediately re-take the exam.
What about cancellations or refunds?
We understand that sometimes conditions change and it may be necessary to drop out of a class. We do prefer that you allow us to reschedule you to another class if at all possible; however, if you must cancel we ask that you keep the following in mind:
We want you to have the best educational experience possible, and so we schedule the best instructors available. If you have to cancel, please notify us immediately. Refunds are available as follows:
16 or more business days prior to the class (3 weeks), 100% refund
10-15 business days prior to the class (2-3 weeks), no refund, but you can reschedule to another class within a year of the date of the cancelled class
9 or less business days before the class (less than 2 weeks), no refund will be made, and there is no possibility of rescheduling
Agile Scaling Experts reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class at any time for any reason:
You are advised to consult an Agile Scaling Experts Customer Service Representative prior to making any travel arrangements for a class, as we are not liable for any possible cancellation fees.
Agile Scaling Experts is not liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or special damages that may be incurred due to cancellation of a scheduled class, including, but not limited to cancellation penalties owing to transportation or accommodation arrangements.
Registrants will be offered full credit to a future class or full refund as per the wish of the registrant.
From Our Students
“He knew the topic and could answer most questions with relevant examples and overall was very knowledgeable and easy to train with.”
“He came prepared and seemed to know what was talking about great trainer and very informative session to learn about SAFe.