SAFe® For Teams
We've Worked With
SAFe For Teams 4.6 Course Overview
During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the ART, how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role using Scrum, Kanban, and XP.
They will also learn how to write stories and break down features, plan and execute iterations, and plan Program Increments.
Finally, they’ll learn about the continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate with other teams in the program, and what it takes to continuously improve the train.
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in their enterprise
- Know their team and its role on the Agile Release Train
- Know all other teams on the train, their roles, and the dependencies between the teams
- Plan Iterations
- Execute Iterations and demonstrate value
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Building an Agile Team
- Planning the Iteration
- Executing the Iteration
- Executing the Program Increment
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Practitioner (SP) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion. Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Team members who apply Lean and Agile at scale
- All members of an Agile Release Train preparing for launch
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Practitioner (SP) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Practitioner certificate
- A SAFe 4 Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Practitioner, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
- A SAFe Practitioner certification usage guide with SP certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
- Name – SAFe 4 Practitioner Exam
- Format – Multiple choice,
- Delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Practitioner course
- Duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 35 out of 45 (77% passing score)
- Language – English
- Cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Agile Scaling Experts’ Guarantee
Our student success rate in the certification exams across the board is 98%!
We are very proud of this industry-leading status, and are confident that you will also pass on your first attempt. Our instructors have over 40 years’ of experience they bring to the classroom, giving you the optimal chances for success.
We’re so sure that you’ll pass the exam, we guarantee it:
The recommended process for taking the Exam is to first study, then take the Sample Exam on the Scaled Agile site. You can take the Sample Exam as many times as you like. We recommend you do so, until you get at least 90% on the Sample Exam.
This is because the Sample Exam, although structured much like the actual exam, is in fact easier.
If after getting at least 90% on the Sample Exam, you are unable to pass the actual Exam on your first attempt, simply inform us by sending us a screenshot of your Sample Test Score, and your Final Exam Results page, as we’ll refund you the cost of the re-take fee so you can immediately re-take the exam.
What about cancellations or refunds?
We understand that sometimes conditions change and it may be necessary to drop out of a class. We do prefer that you allow us to reschedule you to another class if at all possible; however, if you must cancel we ask that you keep the following in mind:
We want you to have the best educational experience possible, and so we schedule the best instructors available. If you have to cancel, please notify us immediately. Refunds are available as follows:
16 or more business days prior to the class (3 weeks), 100% refund
10-15 business days prior to the class (2-3 weeks), no refund, but you can reschedule to another class within a year of the date of the cancelled class
9 or less business days before the class (less than 2 weeks), no refund will be made, and there is no possibility of rescheduling
Agile Scaling Experts reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class at any time for any reason:
You are advised to consult an Agile Scaling Experts Customer Service Representative prior to making any travel arrangements for a class, as we are not liable for any possible cancellation fees.
Agile Scaling Experts is not liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or special damages that may be incurred due to cancellation of a scheduled class, including, but not limited to cancellation penalties owing to transportation or accommodation arrangements.
Registrants will be offered full credit to a future class or full refund as per the wish of the registrant.