SAFe Release Train Engineer Certification
We've Worked With
Release Train Engineer Course Overview
Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primarily enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
- Exploring the RTE Role and Responsibilities
- Applying SAFe Principles
- Organizing the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART
- Continuing Your Learning Journey
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE) exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend all days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
The following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Release Train Engineer certificate
- A SAFe Release Train Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Release Train Engineer, which includes access to the RTE Community of Practice
- A SAFe Release Train Engineer certification usage guide with RTE certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $295
- Renewal fee for the RTE certification is included in SPC renewal (if your SPC certification is up-to-date)
- Exam name: SAFe Release Train Engineer Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Passing Score: 44 out of 60 (73%) for RTE exam
Note: 40 out of 60 (67%) for RTE 4.5 exam
- Language: English
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through
Agile Scaling Experts’ Guarantee
Our student success rate in the certification exams across the board is 98%!
We are very proud of this industry-leading status, and are confident that you will also pass on your first attempt. Our instructors have over 40 years’ of experience they bring to the classroom, giving you the optimal chances for success.
We’re so sure that you’ll pass the exam, we guarantee it:
The recommended process for taking the Exam is to first study, then take the Sample Exam on the Scaled Agile site. You can take the Sample Exam as many times as you like. We recommend you do so, until you get at least 90% on the Sample Exam.
This is because the Sample Exam, although structured much like the actual exam, is in fact easier.
If after getting at least 90% on the Sample Exam, you are unable to pass the actual Exam on your first attempt, simply inform us by sending us a screenshot of your Sample Test Score, and your Final Exam Results page, as we’ll refund you the cost of the re-take fee so you can immediately re-take the exam.
What about cancellations or refunds?
We understand that sometimes conditions change and it may be necessary to drop out of a class. We do prefer that you allow us to reschedule you to another class if at all possible; however, if you must cancel we ask that you keep the following in mind:
We want you to have the best educational experience possible, and so we schedule the best instructors available. If you have to cancel, please notify us immediately. Refunds are available as follows:
16 or more business days prior to the class (3 weeks), 100% refund
10-15 business days prior to the class (2-3 weeks), no refund, but you can reschedule to another class within a year of the date of the cancelled class
9 or less business days before the class (less than 2 weeks), no refund will be made, and there is no possibility of rescheduling
Agile Scaling Experts reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class at any time for any reason:
You are advised to consult an Agile Scaling Experts Customer Service Representative prior to making any travel arrangements for a class, as we are not liable for any possible cancellation fees.
Agile Scaling Experts is not liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or special damages that may be incurred due to cancellation of a scheduled class, including, but not limited to cancellation penalties owing to transportation or accommodation arrangements.
Registrants will be offered full credit to a future class or full refund as per the wish of the registrant.