SAFe® Scrum Master Certification
Upcoming Classes › Scrum Master
Classes Search and Views Navigation
List of Classes
SAFe® Scrum Master Course Overview
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
What Attendees Get
- Printed workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master, which includes access to the SSM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Scrum Master certification usage guide with SSM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
- Exam Name: SAFe® Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe Scrum Master course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language: English
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Agile Scaling Experts’ Guarantee
Our student success rate in the certification exams across the board is 98%!
We are very proud of this industry-leading status, and are confident that you will also pass on your first attempt. Our instructors have over 40 years’ of experience they bring to the classroom, giving you the optimal chances for success.
We’re so sure that you’ll pass the exam, we guarantee it:
The recommended process for taking the Exam is to first study, then take the Sample Exam on the Scaled Agile site. You can take the Sample Exam as many times as you like. We recommend you do so, until you get at least 90% on the Sample Exam.
This is because the Sample Exam, although structured much like the actual exam, is in fact easier.
If after getting at least 90% on the Sample Exam, you are unable to pass the actual Exam on your first attempt, simply inform us by sending us a screenshot of your Sample Test Score, and your Final Exam Results page, as we’ll refund you the cost of the re-take fee so you can immediately re-take the exam.
What about cancellations or refunds?
We understand that sometimes conditions change and it may be necessary to drop out of a class. We do prefer that you allow us to reschedule you to another class if at all possible; however, if you must cancel we ask that you keep the following in mind:
We want you to have the best educational experience possible, and so we schedule the best instructors available. If you have to cancel, please notify us immediately. Refunds are available as follows:
16 or more business days prior to the class (3 weeks), 100% refund
10-15 business days prior to the class (2-3 weeks), no refund, but you can reschedule to another class within a year of the date of the cancelled class
9 or less business days before the class (less than 2 weeks), no refund will be made, and there is no possibility of rescheduling
Agile Scaling Experts reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class at any time for any reason:
You are advised to consult an Agile Scaling Experts Customer Service Representative prior to making any travel arrangements for a class, as we are not liable for any possible cancellation fees.
Agile Scaling Experts is not liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or special damages that may be incurred due to cancellation of a scheduled class, including, but not limited to cancellation penalties owing to transportation or accommodation arrangements.
Registrants will be offered full credit to a future class or full refund as per the wish of the registrant.